Thursday, December 09, 2004

The [unexpected] return of the father.


That’s right…you’ve read it correctly. My father has returned, with his knack for coming back from out of the blue intact. I suppose that it was only a matter of time before it happened, but I didn’t expect it to be so soon. It happened two days ago; I heard the doorbell ring at a particularly strange hour in the morning, looked outside, and I saw the top of a slightly bald head, reaching down to bring in some luggage. Horror of horrors. He might be here all the way up through Christmas, bless him. This brings about a few problems.

#1: Biz Council/HELP Idol work is going to be very tight. He’s already voiced opposition towards my extracurricular activities [but it’s justified, since I’m the antithesis to the generic Chinese student].

#2: No May Ann. No social life, for that matter. I can’t really go out since he’s back, just because he’s back. I’ve got to spend time with him. Even though he’s usually

a) sleeping on the couch, or;
b) always going out to do his dastardly deeds.

I could always use the excuse of going over to my mom’s, but that can only work so much. So what’s a boy to do?

Stay home. Which means more chores [justifiable], being grounded [irritating, but justifiable], and getting lectured [horrible inexcusable]. It’s the freedom issue again. I’d get used to this after a while. Though I’ve realized that I have no idea how long he’s going to be staying here. But just for this Christmas season…my perfect gift from him…would be his departure back to Brazil.

Come on…he left three weeks ago. I know I’m being an arse, but...I just want my freedom for a few more months.

Please.

Biz Council news...

Went shopping for gifts…the kids from the orphanage need some cutlery and mugs, so we bought some. We bought a few school bags and files and stationery, and then…*bang*…Lena Choong happened. We told her about what we bought, and she proceeded to blast us about not consulting her prior to our decision to buy everything. Justifiable again, totally, but…I don’t have the heart to tell her that we should be able to make some decisions as well. Though I have to say…her reasoning is exact.

But still…I love Lena to bits. She’s like the big sister that I never had that I wouldn’t want but secretly would love to keep. But there’re times when she just really does remind me of a particular friend that I have and it becomes a total turn-off because she just has to be right, all the time. But I suppose that I’d turn into that as well if I was in charge of a bunch of ‘kids’. And telling her that we’d want more autonomy in our decision making would make it a bit harder for us. But I also wouldn’t want anyone else telling her the obvious. I don’t know. I’d rather shoulder the blame for everything than have her blame everyone. It’s only right. I’m not trying to be noble, but it does spare everyone else the pressure.

And I think I’m the only one who really isn’t scared of her. Maybe I’m just too used to it.

Dad’s back. Staff advisor being her usual self.

What’s new?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home