Friday, December 16, 2005

tides of change and other things.

It’s always awe-inspiring to see a gigantic freight container parked on the opposite side of the road outside your house. It’s a lot more impressive when you realize that the contents within the aforementioned container belong to you. And it’s slightly disturbing when your driveway is filled with boxes. And you walk into the house…surrounded by boxes. You go up to your living room…boxes. And then you realize: the furniture’s back from Brazil.

The day was spent well enough. It started with a morning drive to the Maju Junction shopping mall downtown, where I had to register for my MyKad. When I got to the location, it was packed with people. And that was just the line to get the waiting tickets that told you what number you were in the queue to wait to be actually served.

Hell, no. I drove to Putrajaya.

After a fun time wandering around, I finally found the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara. You’ve got to cross the bridge at the Prime Minister’s Office and then take the long route down to the convention center and make a u-turn. It’ll be the second of third large building (they’re all a set of large buildings) on the left.

The line was long. I got to my turn within 4 hours. Suffice to say, I wasn’t that impressed. But at least they had a cafeteria (they’ve even installed the counter display machines to tell you where the queue is at).

Thereafter I visited the Alamanda mall and found that Parkson and Carrefour (the two anchor retailers) were not open. The mall’s basically a mini-Curve. Which is quite bad.

Anyway, I came home to find my father and uncle frantically unpacking.

And, after considering moving stuff around, here’re my long-term plans for Ops. Please note that this is gonna take a few months to a year to achieve. I might be dead by then.


I've also found out from all the stuff that my dad has three sets of golf clubs (and a golf bag carrying cart). I don't know if this is normal but it's just annoying. I'll regurgitate the complete box list tomorrow when I'm free. For now, I'm shit tired.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there funkyhippopotamus.blogspot.com blogger found your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

4:46 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home