Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tonight, we whine in Hell.

I've discovered that I like small increments of happiness to come my way, as opposed to one large bulky parcel of pep. The latter bowls me over so quickly that it can't be enjoyed, whereas receiving small, yet substantial, utils of joy spread out over a period can be pleasing to the senses. The same can't be said of pain, however; I'd rather have something gotten over than to wait and wait in desperate anticipation for it to run its course. I suppose it's all about prolonging enjoyment, which is why most of us would choose Tantric over tantamount...if only we knew how to (quite literally) pull it off like Sting.

There's no discipline involved in instant gratification; it's why I've been such a proponent for it since the beginning. But now, when I'm older and not much wiser, I've finally had the chance to sit down long enough to see that my father was right...grudgingly. Most of us would probably relate instant gratification to the fire of youth, and we'd probably welcome the sedate lifestyle of our elders with open arms when the time came.

You'd probably relent and allow age to come and creep in. It'd only be inevitable, after all. Why squander all your chances by being reckless when it'd be better to play it safe? Wouldn't that prolong your enjoyment, and more importantly, your life?

Once again, my view on things is at a crossroad. I'm impartial to being young and being a geezer. 25 years before my time. If it was possible, I'd say that I was tired of being tired of being young. Well, young-ish.

Suffice to say, I'm royally arsed and confused. Or is it the other way round?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home