Saturday, September 29, 2007

If thou shall not rock, thou shall stray.

Thank you for coming, those of you who did. And accept my apologies. (I sense a drama queen moment breaking through.)

I'd much rather sing than play guitar. Performing live is fine as long as I've got someone backing me up...therefore I won't have to worry about getting the chords right. Nay, I lack the dexterity to properly pull off a C#m sus 7 B7 C7 Asus Asus7 C#m simultaneous wank without choking finger-wise. Although I do attribute it to a lack of practice (and a high aptitude for ruining things by default), I strongly believe that I'm an adequately capable vocalist...once you take the guitar away from me. I'd much rather record six-part harmonies and let somebody else worry about the musicianship while I just idly sing away, engage in banter and enact peculiar noises on stage.

Everybody's happy in the end. And the fat Chink frontman has his moments in the much-needed spotlight.

Regardless of it all, it was a great lesson to learn. And good fun. Plus, I've figured out what the stronger songs are, thanks to some constructive input; and I can safely say that I can make a living out of covering Britney.

This will not be the end of me. Nay!

Here's a list of immediate pipe dreams:
  1. Start a podcast where all I do is bitch about things.
  2. Start a novelty music act.
  3. Do a 180 and only record music.
  4. Try to start a band full of competent musicians where all I have to do is sing and play the tambourine.
  5. Try to start a band full of inept musicians where all I have to do is sing and play the tambourine and be singled out as the special one.
  6. Add an additional sixth chord to any future songs to create the illusion of depth.
  7. Solely record vocals and bribe a particular someone to add the finishing touches (I'm looking at you, you Tagalog Tiger).
Anyway, thank you for coming. You know who you are. It must've been the strangest, most painful RM 12 you'd ever spent, but it meant a lot. Especially since you came early.

Punctuality is still alive in our tardy Malaysiana.

Oh well.

I am still the loveable attention whore you knew me as. And now, it seems that I've been given a mission by the gods. Zounds!

It was fun sitting on a stool. Now, please excuse me; I've got a date with Armitage Shanks to make one.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home