Tuesday, March 25, 2003

three days coming home at about 5 and having almost close to no sleep. it's a challenge, and i think that i don't really want to know how long i can keep it up for. i've probably already dazzled everyone at home into thinking that i'm a demi-god, looking at how i come home at the crack of dawn, then manage to get the clothes out as well as going to classes and then disappearing again til 5. i wonder how long i can pull this off for; it'd make one hell of an amazing record but a guy can only do as well as the company he keeps, i suppose. dangerous, i tell you...this is dangerous. so as i type this right now, my eyes probably containing eye bags under them, slightly bloodshot, my hair itchy even though i took a shower when i came home, i can only say that living the life of a troubadour drifter would be a lot more rewarding than having your normal 9 to 5 job. then again, any other exciting life would be better than having a 9 to 5 job. is it even 9 to 5 anymore? overtime, deadlines...it's your life based on the hands of the clock. then again, times seems to fly if you think that it will. to me, in three hours, that'll probably pass me by, i'd be in class, and in 8 hours, i'd be out of class, and in 10 hours i'd be eating and in 15 hours i think i'd be where i was tonight, as well as last night: sitting outside the bangsar sports complex with nothing to talk about and a lot to do.

ooo. stomach upset. oh, wait. just a snitch.

i mean, in the typically mundane day and lifestyle of the typical chinese student, you wouldn't find what i'd be doing as productive. i think otherwise; i look at studying as a job. it's like work...you go in, sit down, do assignments, get them done, and what i do...it's probably the equivalent of a yuppie going to a pub...only it's a helluva lot cheaper. and, gasp if you will, i've been studying. well, not exactly, but i've been doing my work and i've been keeping myself happy. most people keep themselves happy by buying themselves the best gift that they could think of. i just decide not to sleep and to see how long i could hold it for.

ugh. stomach pang. um.

the bare necessities of my life are probably the same as any other guy's: money, more money, a girlfriend, a car, a decent gaming system, and much more money. is it too much to ask for? i've got 3 of those 6 taken care of. it's just the $$ that drives me wild. being financially independent is probably the first real step into adulthood. when you get that first paycheque, it'd be a whole new world. some people think that losing your virginity, your first cigarette, your first license/car or your first real hard drink initiates you into the world of the higher tier...i disagree. work your ass off, make the cash for yourself, and feel satisfied.

with too little money for your poor, poor overworked soul.

great. the hair's still itchy. and i shampooed yesterday. and the stomach. this is it, folks...the big one.

so, i guess i'll be at it again tonight. living la vida [un]loca. sitting down and just watching the sky around me shine with the glow of the stars, as me and my me and my me and my me and my friends [thank you, rhcp] just sit and talk about...nothing.

cheers. it's going to be a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home