Sunday, December 12, 2004

Charity, Christmas and Children.


I can’t say much about the Charity Drive. I suppose that it was alright, but still…I can’t say much about it. I try my best to be alright with kids, but after a while, they’re just annoying little buggers who deserve very little. I mean that in general, and I’m certainly not talking about the children from the charity home. I loved working with the Sunday School contingent back in church, but that was probably because they were well-behaved, organized, and…well…bearable. When you put 20 children in a room [no less, the Department of Business Studies], something’s bound to go wrong…especially when a good portion of them are over 14.

Yea…from being kids to teenagers. Look, it’s really simple…imagine how you are now, or how you were back when you were an adolescent. Think hard, and ask yourself this: would you want yourself as a child? Granted, it’d probably work out differently for you. Then again, one discussion that I’ve had with Justin regarding children [not as strange as it sounds] is that when we’re nicely married with our wives, nice houses and fast cars would be…we’d love to have cool kids. I can sort of understand having a nerd for a son…but I’d rather have the jock.

I suppose that this is the perfect case of:
a) giving my children everything that I never had
b) molding my children in a particular way that I’d want them to be
c) pinning my hopes and dreams on my children.

Granted, since we don’t have any Harvards or Dartmouths in Malaysia, I suppose that we can skip that part over sending them to a preferable institution of higher education. It’s definitely overseas for them…I mean, come on…can you imagine telling your kids that they’re going to the HELP University College? Or that they can continue their higher education in Subang Jaya? I think not.

…then again, this would mean that they’d have to be nerdish to a certain extent. So…a Seth Cohen for a son, and a Marissa Cooper as a daughter. Easy.

Anyway, inviting the children over was fun. If not a bit too loud for everybody’s tastes. The question of why they were all Indian has popped up many times. I don’t really understand it, though…what difference does it make? People who’re in need are ultimately just that: in need. In terms of organizational competency, I’d rate ourselves as 4 out of 10 for trying our best to get the kids together. Special thanks to Melyza for achieving what we couldn’t achieve…then again, you are an icon for maternal instincts. *insert protruding tongue emoticon here*

The Christmas tree is going to be left lit up. And speaking of which…where’s Christmastree? Wherever you are, hope you’re holding up fine.

Sunday. Perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home