Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Smog, Second Guesses and Sparks (attempt #2)


My desktop just sparked itself to restart. Again.

Smog.
KL’s fallen prey to Sumatran wildfires. The smog has made a triumphant return, and a few students in college have already reignited the surgeon’s mask-wearing craze that was the hippest fashion trend a couple of years ago. With no end of the haze in sight, this might be a good time to make a smart investment. Or at least one of the few times in your life that you can wear a surgeon’s mask in public…if you’re not a surgeon, of course

The college’s homerooms were mist-filled; the whole college environment feels like Genting (without the ice-cold, fresh air). With the bad air seeping through, it’s not surprising to see that those with sinus problems or asthma are in for a rude awakening. Today’s downpour didn’t make things easier…it did dissipate the smog a good deal, but the visibility was arguably still shitty, and walking back to my car in a dew that wasn’t naturally spawned by post-shower conditions gave me a fright. I breathed that shit in.

Stuff like this should keep us off smoking. Should.

Second Guesses.
Nicole has a major stats test on Friday. I promised her that I wouldn’t bug her ‘til after that, but…I don’t know if it was such a hot idea.

a) it would give her time to ponder my role and she might conclude that I’m not exactly a good thing and that she’s better off alone, and,


b) this whole thing was supposed to show that I’m a considerate person who can give priority to her needs…that I’m supposedly one of those guys who know better…but then again, wouldn’t it be wiser to just show that I’m around (granted, sms bombardments aren’t that good an idea when someone’s trying to study, but cut me some slack…I’m trying my best here)?

Granted, I shouldn’t be worried about this because my insecurity can’t get the better of me now…we’re not even a “couple” (sort of/yes/no/whatever). “We” doesn’t exist in this case. At least I don’t think so. Though...I personally believe that it does.

I’m so confused (insert perplexed smile here), but mostly because I drive myself to be this way.

The good thing is, I am bothered, but not to an obsessive level. 10 points!…I’m on the road to a better me.

I suppose.

God, I’m such a tool.

Sparks.
This is attempt #2 for a reason. Attempt #1 was better written, but the desktop power supply is on the fritz and tends to give off sparks, which can be considered to be mini-explosions of mega proportions (the sparks are blinding, mind you). Long hauls, extreme downloading times and perpetual functionality have made it to suffer. I should change it, but of all the stupid things I’ve done so far, this might be the most stupid. The same thing happened a couple of years ago (I have the burnt power supply unit to prove it).

Please don’t blow up now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home