Wednesday, April 26, 2006

dada diaries: day 09.

my aunt and uncle are coming back from china in about an hour or so.

the day's been a total waste. i came back at half past dawn and slept through to 11. i popped in gta: vice city into the ps2 out of curiousity (i've swapped my ps2 for ck's) and i found that i could play the game without it stalling on me. following that, i popped in san andreas. i never finished the game, but i spent enough time with it to appreciate it more.

my problem with gaming here is that the games are dirt cheap. a very, very strange complaint. there's always the risk of a dodgy disc creeping into your life, like my unplayable copy of kingdom hearts II, but aside from that, the biggest risk is in accumulating a backlog of games that you've never played. RM 5 for a game is too good to resist, but you're always bound to never finish your games before moving on to the next one.

i'm considering giving away my games, and keeping a small core of games (mostly franchise games) to work on before i buy any more. plus, prices of ps2 games might be coming down over the next 2 years with the introduction of the ps3; i would've (hopefully) graduated and rededicated my life to having fun whilst being paid for it.

ultimately, it's about saving space and not feeling guilty over how negligent over my games i've been. i guess that it'd make me feel better. if it gets any worst, i might throw in the kitchen sink and sell off the ps2 for a dirt cheap price. but in all honesty, the games being given away?...i can see that happening. letting go of the console?...not so likely.

i'm not that generous.

seeing how my father is on a 10 day trip, does that mean he's coming back on day 11? i'm so confused. i never did take a look at his itinerary. but there's not much fun to hunt for now; his spies are returning and it's back to the simple life.

i've realized that my time is spent accumulating a backlog in everything i have...a sure sign of procrastination at its greatest.

financial accounting, here i come. whoopeee-fuckin'-doooo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home