Wednesday, June 07, 2006

my phone's on Vibrate for you.

i feel a lot less guilty if my phone is left on silent. i have a legitimate reason for people not being able to reach me, as opposed to deliberately not answering calls even though i can hear a ringtone. it's not that i've been bombarded with calls for the last 2 days, but it's been refreshing not to hear the damn thing come alive. my apologies to anyone who's been trying to call me, but, hey...it's not like it was an emergency, right? right?

besides, not leaving the thing to ring has been brilliant. i feel refreshed. renewed. i should do it more often. i hate to admit it, but maybe my dad was right...there really isn't any need of a cellphone if you feel that there isn't any need of it.

and to tell you the truth, sometimes, just sometimes, i kind of enjoy making people feel that it's next to impossible to reach me so that they'd stop trying. i want to be the World's Most Impossible Guy to Reach. it ought to be fun. a cellphone is used for emergencies. or to receive and make calls from and to people whom you want to. most of the time, anyway.

i suppose that if i wasn't so selective in the people that i wanted to keep in touch with, i'd have a lot more friends...it's not like i've got a lot. but then, when you've only got space on your simcard for 100 names, there's always that time of day where you've got to perform maintenance. and i've done so for a few occasions. it's no wonder i don't recognize some of the numbers coming in.

or maybe i just don't bother.

but my apologies if i've missed your calls. keep your voicemails coming in. be persistent. keep on trying. and hope that it's on silent.

(or maybe i'm like Cloud: i don't want to be bugged, but i don't want to be alone...which is why i leave my phone with me despite never answering it. oooeerrr...what a comparison).

1 Comments:

Blogger Malaika said...

i've turned my cellphone off. its been of since december...its liberating..but inconvienient also.

7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home