Friday, November 03, 2006

Get the ball rolling.

I suppose that it's only fitting that Datuk Zakaria was made to step down as Klang Municipal councillor; there couldn't have been any other logical course of action to take. (Would stripping him of his Datukship have really made a difference?)

“I thank the trust given to me in allowing me to serve the council all this while,” he had said. Trust that'd been rightfully abused.

Aside from running DZ Satay without a license and demolishing his (licensed) competitor's illegal extensions, contructing his "mansion" upon land zoned for low-cost housing and being a flagbearer for rampant nepotism, it's not difficult to imagine what other offences that may have gone unnoticed during his years from power.

I wish I had an architect to blame for my complacent attitude.

Kudos to him, however, for being a true rags-to-riches story. I doubt that he's really lost anything from this whole debacle.

Want a bad pun? DZ Satay can be serving up a new dish soon: humble pie.

The sad part is, there're probably a lot more of those abusing their powers than just DZ and the two other councillors brought into the fold. Hopefully, this case can bring about an initiative to highlight others who've decided to flip the bird to the rules that they're meant to help govern, no matter how high up the in the pecking order they are...likewise, also discouraging other PowerBumis from playing dirty.

Hmmmmm.

Wishful thinking? You know the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home