Sunday, October 09, 2005

Glitches.

One peeve I have with the previous two versions of FIFA is the lack of intuitive player selection when the opposition counters. I can’t seem to select the player I want at the right time, and it ends up being very sloppy in the end. I suppose that you could tell me to just deal with it, and that it’s only a video game…but it’s still annoying. FIFA ’06 doesn’t escape from this; it’s a little bit more free-flowing, so you don’t really need to select that one player, but in times of crisis, it’d be nice if I could select the player that I wanted. Desperate pushing the analogue stick in the direction of the player I want and pressing “X” frantically doesn’t seem to work here any more than it did in previous versions. Bah.

Other than that, I keep on losing in the Semi-Professional difficulty level, and I’m tempted to take it down a notch. I’m not the best FIFAist but even I’d think that I’d manage to at least draw with a CPU opponent…which leads me to a sudden realization: this early in playing the game, it appears that the CPU opponents are better (just a bit) than my human cohorts.

Practice practice practice. All for the love of a soccer videogame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home