Saturday, November 05, 2005

look kids! it's O-Zone!

my lord. that romanian hit, dragostea din tei has a story of its own to tell. for the full scoop of the song, click here...
Wikipedia - Dragostea Din Tei

these are the lyrics in romanian (painstakingly typed by me, btw)...

Ma-ia-hii
Ma-ia-huu
Ma-ia-hoo
Ma-ia-haha
Alo, Salut, sunt eu, un haiduc,
Si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea.
Alo, alo, sunt eu Picasso,Ti-am dat beep, si sunt voinic,
Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic.

Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei

Nu ma, nu ma lei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei.
Chipul tau sai dragostea din tei,
Mi-amintesc de ochii tai.


Te sun, sa-ti spun, ce simt acum,
Alo, iubirea mea, sunt eu, fericirea.
Alo, alo, sunt iarasi eu Picasso,
Ti-am dat beep, si sunt voinic,
Dar sa stii nu-ti cer nimic.

and the english translation...

Miyaa-hee
Miya-hoo
Miya-ho
Miya-haha
(These are just sounds)

Hello (on a cellphone), greetings, it's me, an outlaw,I ask you, my love, to accept happiness.
Hello, hello, it's me, Picasso,I sent you a beep (cellphone signal), and I'm brave (or strong),
But you should know that I'm not asking for anything from you.

You want me to leave but you don't want, don't want to take me, don't want, don't want to take me (phew)
Your face and the love from the linden trees,
And I remember your eyes.

I call you (over the phone), to tell you what I feel right now,
Hello, my love, it's me, your happiness,
Hello, hello, it's me again, Picasso,I sent you a beep (cellphone signal) and I'm brave (or strong),
But you should know that I'm not asking anything from you.

it's a 2 year old song, but my, it's lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home