Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the irony of it all. again.

i'm hardly going mad, but no amount of bacon is going to prepare me for the ramifications of the next few days. on a side note, i've just finished the last four streaks of it.

i'm a goner.

after 4 to 5 hours of sleep, i was rolling around on my trusty sofa, enjoying the sweet sounds of birds chirping and planes flying by. and then it hit me; people who're about to face earth-shattering experiences aren't allowed to feel happy. they must be prepared for the earth-shattering experiences they're about to face.

so i did what i had to do.

i woke up.

my father greeted me, looking more like a grizzly bear with his failed experiment of growing a beard. the amount of stubble on his face is actually quite well-spread, it's just that it refuses to grow. so yea; that should tell most 60 year old fathers not to listen to their sons' advice on growing a beard "for fun". well, maybe if you're caucasian, but it's definitely doomed to fail if you're asian.

i bought the paper and some bread, fried my bacon, and now i'm here. back in my solace, my own little home away from home away from home. this trusty little textbox guiding me, my instincts alive and alight, my inner flame burning even more strongly with each passing word i type, each letter and character that comes out of my hands and onto the screen.

are you still reading this?

after much thought, agonizing contemplation and hardly a good night's sleep, i've decided that in order for my life to be full, i must be full of life. i must be zesty and zen-like in thought. i have to relax and not be so worked up. and most of all, i need to have the confidence that will take me forward til death and kingdom come.

that's right...you heard it here first.

i'm going to become a father.

no, just kidding.

does she or doesn't she? the question just pops up every now and then. do i even have the courage to find out? must something this incredibly juvenile and mundane be so hard to handle? especially in the hands of someone who's used to the notion that there's a cosmic imbalance somewhere that allows these kinds of things to happen?

i'm alright.

it was so much easier defeating nobunaga. scoring 3081 in snake 2 was a cakewalk. and i've shot a basketball into a hoop from a halfcourt (and a bit more) away.

this sucks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

i just found your blog and i really like what you have to say.

10:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this post a few times. I dont get it. It sounds like u were building up to something. then hmm wheres the thing you were building up to? wheres the disaster thingy? Youre about to be a dad but not really? I read this post a few times. I dont get it.

4:09 am  
Blogger funkyhippopotamus said...

not much of a payoff?

6:35 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home