Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The spark before the boom.

Two couplings took place in college within the week that I've been away, and I was feeling pleased that I'd predicted for one of the couples to come together.

That sounds dirty.

Finding someone usually happens accidentally...it's as if you stumble towards it and fumble to a destination, speed bumps and all.

Most of us would probably wish for something incredibly dramatic or arresting to happen in order to find a partner...a meet cute scene. Say for instance a woman being saved by her future lovemate while clinging for her dear bejeezus off Mount Kinabalu. Or what about (you know this one) a man and a woman each taking one half of a pair of gloves and making their way in getting to know each other from there? How about someone accidentally throwing a cigarette from her car into my convertible, which inadvertently causes me to crash?

Most of our experiences aren't as inspiring; I suppose that it's a good thing...we don't set our standards too high and we don't get let down by anything. As you get older, the avenues for finding romance get slimmer...it's always stressed on how imperative it is to expand your social circle and dip your hands into the cookie jar before it's too late. (Just make sure the cookies aren't rotten, if you know what I mean).

The Internet. Your friends' friends. Classmates. Workmates (I swear I'll try my best to never stoop to the point where I'd have to date someone from work, no matter how appealing). Social clubs. Gyms. The Neighbourhood Hottie. It's as if the pool gets larger but there's nothing filtering the sweet from the sour.

I wish Life would be fair to us all and let us fall in love under extraordinary circumstances. But not all of us are so fortunate.

Who doesn't want to be swept off their feet in the best possible way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home