Friday, November 17, 2006

Random musings about wearing pants.

I remember how a friend once told me that girls who're slightly less attractive (I'm being quite generous here) tend to compensate for their lack of physical appeal by simply knowing too much. Similarly, most airheads tend to be airheaded because they don't really need anything else. Personally? I feel that an attractive, smart woman doesn't exist...it's a media-generated stereotype that was created to sate the feminists out there in the 90s.

Oh, I'm going to get staked for that. To be fair...I know a few who're smart. And attractive. A few.

And I know that somebody's bound to remind me that I have nothing to offer the world. No worries.

What's the female equivalent of a misogynist?

Oh, well. It's amazing how we create certain insecurities and blame the other half of the species for it. For example, most men don't really see the need for breast augmentation. Just like how most women are content with their partner's size. The projection of our self-perceived shortcomings, added with a cynical/fatalistic view on things equates to the slightly menacing undertones the world has developed in the last two decades.

Can I be honest? I'd much rather wear the apron and cook for the kids at home, if it meant that my wife was out, breadwinning. Certain countries in Europe (I'd have to ask an ugly girl which one because I can't remember) even have stipulations that make it compulsory for men and women to work for equal periods during the year.

Hoorah!

I have this feeling the the first lesson that the Bible taught us in Genesis is that faith in women will eventually lead to a downfall for Man. Man, not as in the human race, but in the gender. I mean, face it...if Eve hadn't listened to the Serpent, I wouldn't have a lump in my throat.

Now I have the feeling that a zealot's going to come along and target me for blasphemy.

We're all sensitive, sensitive creatures, aren't we?

That adage about how there's a woman behind every successful man and how there's a man behind every unsuccessful woman...do you believe it? Does it make a difference anymore?

Spousal abuse runs two ways. Sexual harassment should run two ways. It's time to throw back that prehistorical thinking that women need chivalry. Chivalry is dead, and it's not because of a lack of "gentlemen"...but simply because it's not needed anymore. The field is getting more leveled everyday.

Who wears the pants now?

Everyone.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is, sadly, an airhead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home