Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pedophilic politik.

The liberals and rightists among you are going to have a field day with me for this one.

I don't really care about the forty thousand or so yellow-clad marchers who were rallying for freer and fairer elections (even though I do, in a particular way). I'm not particularly bothered about the roadblocks set up last Saturday to deter anybody from entering the city, despite it forcing me to reschedule brunch with my mother. I don't even care that members of the crowd were sprayed at with water and tear gas, because, firstly, I find it incredibly funny in a sick way, and secondly, such a response would've been quite expectant and pretty obvious.

What I am troubled by is the fact that there were children involved. And although I should be upset at the Civil Defense for taking action against them, I can understand how they were probably impartial towards choosing whom to dispense their form of crowd control over, especially when the aforementioned sea of people were irresistible targets. Although there was probably some terribly profound reason behind being adorned in yellow, a wave of human taxis is just asking to be fired upon. If only because it's funny.

Anyway. The children. I'm more appalled at the thought of parents actually bringing their children to such an event, and even more so when they were more than aware of the warm welcome that they'd receive as a result. Using children as political fodder to gain sympathy doesn't warm my heart; using them as shields is just as cowardly as the association that the colour yellow has with such an absolutely, incontestably desirable quality of being a coward in the first place.

It was undoubtedly a noble cause to be marching for, but with the context of the situation in mind, it's difficult to see where the logic went. There're a lot of better ways to dispense and disseminate the message to children about the contempt you hold for the inconsistencies and irregularities that take place during each election. Putting them on the front line and in harm's way shows a gross form of misjudgment, and, of course, ignorance and negligence on the parts of the parents involved.

Being seen and being proud of it is one thing; leave the children at home. They'll tune into things soon enough. There's no rush.

Lest, you'd wish to endanger their lives. And make yourself fodder for the powers that be.

Like Whitney, I believe the children are our future. And stop that snickering. I know what you philistines are thinking.

Either way, I feel torn down between the liberals and the hardliners that we find. I wish that someone would draw a line and create a new pocket that we could sink into. In my own perfect would, I'd go for a more centralist approach and become a secular hardliner, or a hardlining secularist. The possibilities would be limitless.

As for the Majority and the Opposition? They're all dirty. There's no way that either side can take a moral highground without laying some claim to have gotten their hands dirty in the cookie jar. There's no possible way. You'd get a cleaner slate by shaving a Wookie's pubic hair, even though you know it'd be guaranteed to grow its fur back within two days.

Yet, be it in a matter of weeks, months or a year, I will be compelled to cast my ballot and make my vote count. But between voting for a sack of old, rotting potatoes which even the Irish didn't want to save themselves from the Great Famine, and a sack of old, rotting potatoes that your mother just kindly defecated in, you can tell that we're all rather stuck between a cock and a hard taste.

Let it be said: if I'm ever caught in the middle with my dick in my hand (as I will be), don't say I never told you that I get even more fickle when the cookie jar's in my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home