Sunday, March 02, 2008

Love thy saccharine.

Most addictions come and go, if we're lucky enough. I've managed to hold cigarettes at more than an arm's length since New Year's Eve, though it was more of a voluntarily challenge to myself to see how long I could consciously neglect them for. I'm happy to say that it's been a fruitful effort so far.

However, despite the fruitfulness, I don't feel any different; there's not really a boost in energy, and sometimes I feel even more cranky and super fatigued faster than you can say Yomeishu.

But, despite these pangs, I've got nothing to complain about. Well, I had nothing to complain about until I started developing a cough. What's annoying about being sick in my case is how nothing seems extreme. I'd prefer to get hit by a heavy illness and then completely heal from it, as opposed to having it pace itself and amortize its effects on me.

Thank God for cough syrup.

Benadryl has this solid, fat, cherry taste.

It's also wonderful how two teaspoons of Benadryl are enough to slowly burn you down and put you to sleep.

It's also becoming a little bit worrying about how I might be addicted to Benadryl for that fruity taste.

I need to find an alternative: a non-medicinal syrup on the market that's just as easily available and equally as tasty, yet won't make me a driving risk.

I hope I can find it, for my sake. I don't like staying up til 3, ensuring that everyone else is asleep and then spending my time, slowly pouring that thick, ruby effervescence into my teaspoon and then slowly mouthing it all down, swallowing with such a satisfaction that you'd think I was in the extreme throes of some lustful, lustful, filling passion.

And then doing it again.

But, no, don't worry. Really. I'm not really addicted to Benadryl. I'm just saying that it tastes great. And I'm also saying that I'm not abusing it. Much. I'm only abusing it because I'm using it for a purpose that allows me to abuse it. Like gasoline. And smelling glue. I love the smell of fumes. And I love the taste of citrus-flavoured Listerine, although I can't really swallow it. In fact, I think swallowing mouthwash got me into this whole mess with the cough anyway.

I better stop here.

Life's great without cigarettes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home