Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fix it.

Having a game plan terrifies me, most probably because of the effort required to draw one up. I'd sooner just throw something into the wind, wing it from there, and see where it takes me. I suppose it's this particular approach to things that've gotten me into this hole in the first place.

To be fair, it's not really a 'hole' as much as it is a giant Sasquatch footprint; something that doesn't really exist, yet you can't totally disprove. I do have a problem; I can easily choose to happily ignore it, but there's the risk of it always being there.

But, as usual, I digress.

I've drawn up a strange schematic that might actually resemble a game plan, and it terrifies me. Being called into action is one thing; after all, you can't run away from conscription (unless you exile yourself to Canada). But willingly submitting to something as proper as a plan only makes things harder for you --- you do so many things with the risk of them not being appreciated.

But apart from being a morose motherfucker, I also pride myself on being incredibly stubborn once I set my mind to something. I can only call it a quality I possess that makes me all the more redeeming.

Of course, whereas some people might consider not taking any advice to be a sign of a higher degree of self-value than anything else, I consider not taking any advice to be a sign that you can stay straight and true to whatever silly objective you had in the first place.

After all, we won't always get what our hearts desire. But we can surely, surely fucking try.

With that said, I'm about to embark on a relatively strange and alien trip to the center of my head. And I hope that this incredibly cliched passage of self-discovery ends with me being a happier person.

I'm just like Jerry; I know what completes me.

The path to getting it is the bitch.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home