Saturday, August 02, 2003

"no control"
-----------------
it annoys me whenever i take the public and see someone walk right up in front of a ticket machine and then whip out their wallet/purse/bag and then fumble around for their ticket and then put it in...then forgetting to take it back out once it's been cleared. magical. call me kooky, but i like getting ready for it - keeping it in my pocket and having it in my hand and doing whatever is called for. my level of preparedness is optimal, and it's all very important to me - which could be the antithesis of my slackerhood.

it's unsettling, really - i tend to think of myself as someone who's punctual, reliable [when he needs to be], and - strangely - efficient. slackerhood defined. i'm worrying myself. but that's probably why i'm such a slave to the system, especially now, when i'm writing all this to be typed out, on a saturday morning, waiting for a replacement class to start whe none of the people that i know better have shown up. terrible, isn't it? i fell asleep early, had a good rest, woke up, and did the whole routine again. willingly. i'm such an angel. i even put rubbish in its place.

but before i shower myself with undue praise, i still remember the classes i've missed, my penchant for not studying, and my preference for never doing anything at all - when a nice drink and video games would suffice. so let me just air it out to the world - yes, i AM a control freak at times, and yes, i make a terrible slacker, and yes, i feel terrible that some of my school mates are graduating [if they haven't already] - but i'm still here.

so while i end here, listening to audioslave in this small class, let me enjoy this saturday getaway and worry about who/what i am later. whenever that may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home