Monday, May 26, 2003

"stranded"
---------------
fortunes can change so drastically, so unbelievingly that sometimes, it's a bit too much to handle. i've complained to myself about it, and now i'm going to whine on to you. bear with me...though it may sound like i'm massively spoilt, let me phrase it in two words: i'm broke. my aunt's all geared up to buy herself a new c-class [a kompressor, no less, though i still have to confirm that], but due to a fetish for very, very cool handphones, i've just basically spent my way to poverty [as my dad would say it]...well, not broke, but i've got a bit in my wallet, and a very, very little bit in the bank, and due to my own lack of foresight, i'm now between a rock and a hard place. basically, i've got a two thousand ringgit lifeline, but that's two thousand for six months, til my father comes back in november and demands to see my spending and sees the occurence of the number of withdrawls i make a week. scary. but that doesn't mean a thing, because basically, i've got a two thousand ringgit lifeline, right? well, i'd love to go and ask my mother for money, but she'd probably do the first thing my dad would do when he sees my bank passbook: slap me. hard. i deserve it, really, since i said i have eight hundred in the bank when my dad issued me the cheque. i was off by three hundred. and two days ago, i was off by it all.

bear with me here. there's a silver lining in all of this. really.

due to the fact that i'm sorta impoverished [you could survive six months on two thousand, but barely], this means that i'm going to have to change my lifestyle. i might have to sleep more to skip meals [so as not to spend money], i'll probably have to go out less [fuel prices and food], and i'd spend my time at home, on the phone and online [less time on both], working hard and playing around on the ps2 [i'd be able to finish games]. i guess i'd be a slacker of sorts, which i already am. i'm going to stop going for stats because i believe in home schooling, but i guess promotions management is still fun, which is why i'm still going for it.

i bought the mallrats dvd yesterday. watched it earnestly. i've learnt well. very well.

one thing about being a slacker is, you see life from a totally different perspective. you don't want to be in on the rat race...you want to be leading it, whilst sitting down. you want to kick back, relax, and earn. you have the girlfriend who loves you for what you are, you have the great gaming rig that you spend your nights on, you have a cd collection that has no comparison...being a slacker requires a lot of financial backing, if you think about it. which is quite shocking, really, seeing how you'd think that you'd be saving money by staying at home and not doing anything. weird.

and just to make it clear...the phone really is worth it.

i woke up early this morning...3 hours ago, in fact...to deposit the two thousand into my account. besides the phone bill, i've got nothing massive planned. i guess being frugal's easy, it's just that choosing to be frugal...that's the thing. am i betraying my slacking roots if i save and spend wisely? no. i'd only be enhancing it. i guess that i could become something of a hermit. seeing how i have no friends, it shouldn't be that hard.

justin thinks that a disappearing act should be labelled as a "houdini". baby, i'm an obi-wan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home