Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Bragging rights.


In the face of fear, some lizards shed their tails off in the hopes of distracting those who would hunt them. Their lost behinds would respawn, and they’d be fine after a period of time. Humans, on the other hand, don’t have this luxury. In the face of danger, we can do a few things; either face our fears, or run away from them. Usually, we’d prefer the latter, because…well, face it, it’s a lot easier to run away from danger. Challenges are dealt with in the same way: we either stand up to them or wither away. Usually, we try our best to take challenges head-on, but we shy away from them when the going gets tough. Life is such; we can’t win all the time, anyway. That’s acknowledged.

But we can make differences. And a difference, I have made.

Earlier tonight, I faced a challenge that none can attest to, primarily because:-

a) they’d never think of doing such a thing, and,
b) they wouldn’t be stupid/crazy/foolhardy (your choice) enough to do so.

But I did it. And did it, I did.

Justin and I were at Hartz. Now, as we all know, I was the record holder for the most pieces of chicken eaten at Hartz, inclusive of side dishes [thus my respectable callsign of Side-Dish Boy] and drinks. The previous record was 12 and a quarter pieces, a record that was insurmountable. In fact, the only people who would be able to break that record would be either Justin or me.

I had to give it a shot. And a shot, I gave.

13 pieces. The new record. Hail your King, or so be it, you shall become one of the benign.

Until the next fool attempts to top me. Good luck.

Though…so much for the diet plan.

Onto other news…

Later today, in the afternoon, I’m going to dress up as Santa for one last time. I’ve been assigned to become the musical Santa because the Department is taking part in an X-mas decorations competition. The musical Santa is a gimmick…mainly because the Department is sorely lacking in the decorations department. Now, I can whine away at the fact that I promised myself not to wear the suit anymore. But since the Department is run by a bunch of ladies…let’s just say that chivalry isn’t dead just yet.

The Biz Council meeting that was set to discuss the upcoming events and set a general idea of how the Business Ball should be like didn’t really go the way I expected it. But then again, when it comes to the Council, I should already know what to expect: the unexpected. As President, I suppose that it’s my job to keep things in order.

As you know, I’m not the most organized person in the world.

At least we have a plan. Revolutionizing Orientation Day isn’t possible…but I think it’s going to be a little changed. Thought not changed enough to make an impact that our esteemed Head of Department would like to make. Although he can be long-winded, he can be fun when it’s all relaxed.

Maybe I’m getting used to adults. Funny.

I’m getting sick of assignment deadlines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home