Saturday, January 15, 2005

Hiatus.


I’m feeling rather lonely. I’ve just had breakfast at my friendly neighbourhood roadside Indian eating establishment (the Unnamed Stall), where I consumed my personal dish of a nasi lemak/mee hoon goring mixed platter (that’s what I like to call it), with a nice glass of teh ais. And it’s a good Saturday, too…the sun’s come up, I’ve woken up considerably early (pre-breakfast was spent watching a past episode of Top Gear), and now I’m feeling very, very bored. I have a few options…I can either sit down in front of the television and amuse myself in a few hours of Robotech: Invasion (so far, the game’s quite good), or I could take a leisurely drive around and smoke, or I could finally get down to some serious reading (X-Men), or finish off the first season of The O.C.. But what I really want to do is to go to the mall. And walk around. And laugh at all the Bengs and Lians. But there’s no one to do that with. And, tragically, it feels rather fatal.

I’m lonely.

That sounds like a desperate call for help, doesn’t it? I suppose that it does, but right now I’m in my room, door closed, Razorlight blaring. It sounds like good fun.

How long’s it going to last for? I don’t really know. Clean living is redeeming. Finding “fun” things to do is rather easy…otherwise we wouldn’t really have all the household entertainment appliances that we have today. It makes me wonder…I’ve accumulated a shitload of PS2 games, and I’ve never gotten around to completing a good number of them. And yet, I progress to buying a few more games, and the circle continues. Brilliance. The whole focus on saving money for this year better come into the picture soon…because I’m rather tempted to get stuff that I might need, but would never come around to using. I’ve deleted a good deal of mp3s and music videos. If I think about it accordingly, I should only be downloading albums as opposed to single tracks because they’re arguably more economical (despite taking up much more disk space), and I get a bigger picture of what an “artiste’s” vision is like. Uh…whatever.

Taking a look at what Saturdays have meant in the past, and looking at where they are now, I can say with considerable authority that the younger you are, the more memorable your Saturdays are in respect. And May Ann’s argument that the common Malaysian dating ritual centers around spending a weekend at the mall is accurate…to a degree. But what else is there to do in the city? And it’s not like it’s anything different anywhere else in the world.

People are stuck in a rut. Everywhere. I’ve come to the conclusion that living during the day is nothing compared to living it out at night. At night, we’re all nocturnal. During the day, we’re either sleeping, or just being bored despite being occupied. It’s a sad, sad situation, but I’d rather fast forward time right now and be listening to something nice at La Bodega, sipping on a Caiprinha (oooerrrr) and playing Taboo with someone who’s got my sense of humour (not that I’m saying that my sense of humour is anything to shout about, but I miss spending time with people who’re like me).

Monotony is killing all of us. Slowly, but surely, our lives will be ebbing away to nothingness, simply because we couldn’t find anything to do, and decided not to do anything about it. Justin was proposing a road trip for tomorrow. It doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all. It’s been a while. I guess that life was really good when I was 19. And 16. Last year (and definitely maybe this year) would be known as the period of my life when I was dying for some free time, but didn’t know what to do with it when it finally came.

Brilliance.

I have a sudden craving for Chinese egg tarts.

Anybody up for Scrabble?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home