Sunday, May 29, 2005

Über slaughter.


Heavy rotation: Smile Like You Mean It by The Killers, from Hot Fuss (2004).

I remember liking the Killers’ Somebody Told Me when it first came out, but I think that Smile Like You Mean It and Mr. Brightside clinched the deal. Both of them are dead catchy, and at the same time, have *ahem* killer choruses, and best of all, some strange earnestness and honesty to them.
------------------------------------------
And someone is calling my name

From the back of the restaurant
And someone is playing a game
In the house that I grew up in
And someone will drive her around
Down the same streets that I did
On the same streets that I did
------------------------------------------
It sounds sad, and I don’t mean it in a pathetic way. Obviously the lyrics don’t do the song justice like this, so go and grab the song in whatever way possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home