Tuesday, January 03, 2006

the story of us - part 1

there's nothing to be confused about. my father wants a divorce; my mother doesn't.

at least that was what my father told me after the results of yesterday's hearing. hearing the news from my father and not from my mother's side might give it a tinge of biasness. my mother might not be agreeing to a divorce due to details over the maintenance and relief, it's possible...or it could be from the religious standpoint, she being a catholic. of course, it could be a totally different reason altogether, but, hey...it's not really my problem, except that it is.


i often wonder if my parents have felt that they've failed in some aspects of my life. i remember my father saying once that he had this incredibly career in contrast to everything else falling apart around him. my mother seems content with what she has, but it could've been so much better.

it must be heartbreaking not to be able to live your life out to its fullest. or to at least lead the life that you had originally intended. with the person that you wanted to. granted, we never know if we've made the right choice until it's too late...by which time, we would've grudgingly decided to throttle on in hopes of some kind of fulfillment, up to a point where you wouldn't be able to take it anymore.

oi vey. a headache life is.

the next hearing is in spring, back in court. i think my father is tired of postponements. i haven't really asked him why he wants a divorce so badly, but i can only guess. is it worth warranting a change? if he feels better after going through with it, i suppose so.

to be honest, both my parents have gone wrong somewhere. this rubbish has got to stop eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home