Wednesday, August 02, 2006

tagged by lynn.

Ten Years Ago I was:
---------------------------

13…technically, 12 (if we’re being anal). I was in either in year 7 or year 8 (if we’re being anal again, it was technically the summer break before year 8 commenced). I was staying over at Sun Joong’s place, where my middle finger nail had been hedged through the hinges of his apartment’s door. My two closest friends at the time were probably Sun Joong and Michael B. Those days are long gone. We’d gone through a Bon Jovi obsession that I’d somehow catalyzed without knowing…in the end we all split up at year 8. I haven’t really heard from them ever since.

5 years ago I was:
-----------------------

Just starting at HELP, with Taylor’s being a distant 5-month memory behind me. My first semester bought me a Distinction, Credit and a Fail…and it all went downhill from there. I also started dating *unmentionable*. It was the fucking happiest time of my life, despite the academic problems.


I’d just gotten my license and went out every night and bummed around. Road trips were beginning to become the norm. I was also the lead vocalist for [sic], the greatest KL-based indie band that never was. I walked out on church and never looked back.


1 year ago I was:
---------------------

Funnily enough, exactly the same place where I am now, except one year younger. I am fucked.

Yesterday I was:
---------------------

Getting kicked in the balls by CK; or, to be precise, his football. The crown jewels still work.

Five most recent songs I've listened to/ Five Recommended songs:

------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended songs for now, yea?

1) Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah

2) Peter Gabriel – Solsbury Hill

3) Nellie Furtado – No Hay Igual

4) Duran Duran – Hungry Like the Wolf (please don’t ask why)

5) New Radicals – Mother, We Can’t Get Enough

Five Ideal Runaway Places:
--------------------------------

1) Sao Paulo, Brazil

2) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

3) Manhattan, New York City

4) Beirut. Oh, sorry, the Jews fucked it.

5) McDonald’s, Centrepoint, Bandar Utama

Five Items I really want:
-------------------------------

1) A new mobile phone with gazillion megabytes of storage and a 1000 megapixel camera.

2) A stereo system so powerful that it’d blast the skirt off a girl.

3) An Aston Martin Vanquish.

4) A house in southern Spain where I could store all my shoes and books.

5) A large Spicy McDeluxe meal.

Five Things I Really Should Be Doing RIGHT NOW:
----------------------------------------------

1) Your mama.

2) Recording the Next Great Malaysian Song.

3) Not this fucking tag survey. Thanks, L.

4) Driving to Penang in a Spyder.

5) Getting some with L.

Five Biggest Joys In Life:
--------------------------------

1) Acting like Richard Hammond (but secretly being more like James May).

2) The five seconds of true ecstasy that God endowed to me. It’s quite literally Life Itself.

3) Achieving goals that were set (and even some that I didn’t know where there).

4) Finding the courage to trudge on warily every day through this morose life.

5) Having someone tell you they love you. Though…they usually leave me right after.


The Rules:

----------------

Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with six weird facts/things/habits about yourself. In the end, you need to pick six people to be tagged and list their names.

1. I like picking my nose a lot.

2. If I’m alone while driving, I tend to do a Steven Tyler impersonation all the way home.

3. I can’t give proper hickeys.

4. I believe in monogamy.

5. My paternal great-grandfather was one of the richest men in Kuala Lumpur. He gambled his life away and subjected his family to poverty (all 10 children).

6. I believe I’d make a great father.

I TAG: absolutely nobody. Do this voluntarily, if you’d like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang Gu Gu said...

lol...funny post man =)

3:06 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home