Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm (not) only sleeping.

People who misinterpret the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping as a song about an acid trip are sadly mistaken.

It's a song about the joys of lazing around in bed and getting nothing done.

Sadly, with the finals coming up next week, I don't think I can afford such a luxury. I remember a father of a friend telling me once about the pleasures he had whenever he woke up at 5 in the morning. He seemed to be able to accomplish so much, and to get more things done to fulfill his to-do list for the day.

I wish I had his voice in my ear right now.

I'd woken up at 5 (through no fault of my own), and proceeded to recite the 4 criteria needed to implement a successful internal marketing strategy. I shit you not. I'd forgotten them the morning after I successively recalled them. I shuffled through my study manuals and my textbook, and then ran Counter-Strike with bots, simultaneously reading whenever I got fragged. Which was often. (Not that I'm being modest or anything, but I was being distracted by the need to read).

I closed Counter-Strike after sensing that the distraction was having a detrimental effect on my game (I'm a renowned bot-killer in my neighbourhood), and visited that hunting ground for trivial information (items that I'm a legend for knowing), Wikipedia. On a whim, I entered "loving you" and found out that the song was performed by Minnie Riperton, who had passed away at the age of 31 to cancer, and that she was Maya Rudolph's (anyone watch SNL?) mother. I downloaded the song, let it play repeatedly and...here I am.

All this whilst reading up on the intricacies of how to build trust with customers. Mind you, this is for a subject I've failed for on numerous occasions.

I suppose that there's a lot of work that goes into procrastination. Or...multi-tasking. I really should start proper revision (i.e. answering previous semester questions, tutorials, etc.) for Statistics (re: pass or get kicked out of college) but I had this sudden urge to post something about my lack of drive and surplus of distractions.

Did you know that Christina Aguilera has a three octave voice?

Wow!

Ditto.

People take time to reinforce the fact that proper time management is the key to anything...success is based upon the amount of time we invest into it. I suppose that my problem is not being able to identify what success means to me.

I have a very, very big problem.

Cheers to John Lennon. At least he knew how to get things done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home