Monday, March 03, 2008

A preamble in shambles!

I'd most probably remind you of a premature ejaculation: a bundle of energy that's waiting to be released, but gets set off just a little too soon without ever really hitting the spot. To others, I'd be more hype than buzz: I'd be the bastard rainbow coloured glow-in-the-dark Reebook Pump that was never really a practical idea.

To others, I'd be a slow tortoise. A very slow, oversized, uncompromisingly lethargic tortoise.

Personally, I'd like to think that I'm the perpetually easy-going everyman that every girl would love to know and that every guy would love to depend on. The truth is, I'm not very dependable. Nor am I totally quick to put on my thinking cap when it needs to be worn to etch a living out of becoming dependable.

It's hard to look on the bright side of life after believing that you've blown a job interview. Especially when you really want the job. I'd like to think that it takes a lot of courage to take a job that you'd probably be incredibly passionate about at the risk of not being compensated well enough. However, being the humble soul that I am...I think that I'm worth as much as I make myself out to be. While others would say that I'm a fool to undervalue myself, my only response would be to say that the undervaluation is justified.

Now, I digress.

A less than satisfactory answer that was pressured out of me somewhat made me realize that I have to be quicker. I kicked myself in the head (figuratively, not literally, as I lack the total flexibility) when I realized that I had a brilliant response...7 minutes too late.

In retrospect, it might not have been the speed at which I stumbled upon the better option that hit me the hardest, but more of the fact that I didn't have the mega answer lined up first.

I'm scared that I'm not living up to the expectations of someone who loves to think of himself as being out of the box.

And the tragic part is, I can't be easy on myself when it comes to this.

There's no pity like self-pity, Rufus!

But, by Crom, I'll dig myself out of this hole. I'll get a confirmation on whether or not I've landed the job on Friday. Until then, I suppose there's a countless number of places I can visit to continue living through the dredge of monotony that I seem destined for.

This is more of a reminder to me than it is for you, True Believer, but let's get on with this one mantra:

LIVING MEGA IS THE NEW ADOPTED THIRD WORLD BABY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home