Thursday, December 23, 2004

Clockwork In Motion.


People usually have plans...blueprints that held them prod along their lives. Whether or not it’s a 5 year plan, a 1 year plan, or, like me, a shopping list of what to do tomorrow, we all live by some sort of framework. And it all starts with a desire to be somewhere in a pre-determined period of time, and the outcome of the actions taken must be resolute enough to justify the actions taken. So, ladies and gentlemen, for the second time this week, I’ve outdone myself, yet again. This time, though, it was rather important, and I’ve got a bad feeling that it’s not going to work out in my favour. We all already know about the express assignment…how, with the proper resources and research tools and references, we all can finish a 2nd-year essay within a night.

I did mine in less than 5 hours. I was meant to start my Issues in HRM Assignment One last night, and work through the morning, but I decided to do what I’ve been doing best lately: sleep. I woke up at midnight, telling myself that I’d start at 3. Then, I woke up at 4…and then at 5…you get the rest. The result? A less than brilliant 1, 940 word essay. But at least it’s done. I swear that I’ll put a lot more effort into it the next time.

I promise.

Meanwhile, at the Biz Council…

I would’ve preferred a larger turnout for today’s lunch at Madam Kwan’s. I was half-tempted to skip (re: Assignment), but I managed to be there. Had some Nasi Lemak, a Coke and an Ais Campur, and it was really all rather filling. I’ve only been to Madam Kwan’s once before, and that was with Justin, his mom and Sazman. I think I had the Nasi Lemak as well, and that was free. Here’s to free lunches at the joint. And it was good, to boot.

Tomorrow’s going to be the first free Friday that I’ve had in ages. But May Ann might still be in Singapore (no one told me when she’d be back…ladies are annoying that way), so it might probably be just me and the Uncanny X-Men. Don’t laugh. They’re cool.

Snikt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home