Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Illuminati Return.


I would love to say that it’s been an exhausting week to justify not being here, but it really hasn’t. I’ve submitted my last assignment, and now I’m quite free…if I wasn’t left with the responsibility of promoting HELP Idol. So my dream of sitting at home and playing video games and reading comics is still a short way off, but closer to becoming a reality. It’s the Chinese New Year season, and everyone’s just being very festive…though I don’t see any of those lame-ass music videos released by Chinatunes Sdn. Bhd. or Celebrateyourhunghungchinkness. Honestly, not having Astro isn’t such a bad thing…but in a strange way, I miss seeing those videos full of Gong Xi Fa Cai pomp and grandeur, filmed in China because Malaysia would never look that good in colour.

Okay, now I’m just bringing my country down. But honestly, I guess that since the only real place to embrace your Chinkness is the source, why not go straight to it? It sure beats filming at Thean Hou Temple or Penang, which is what these people have been doing for years…at least they’ve got the budgets to do a proper job. And no, it’s not that I’m advocating these music videos, and it’s not that I’m saying that these music videos represent the true meaning of Chinese culture, but…y’know…they’ve always been around. You can only get used to them.

My Chinkess has been catalyzed by going out with May Ann. I’ve known of the existence of Section 17’s stalls, but never went there prior to going with her there. Ditto for a visit to an area of Kepong that I wouldn’t bother going by myself. It’s not a culture shock because I’ve been to places like these before; it’s more of a new experience. Going out with a cultured Chink girl who loves rock music as much as food stalls is refreshing…it’s not half that bad.

I’ve also binged on soft drinks. I’ve just finished a liter and a half of Sarsi, and paying the price…I feel bloated, and I think the obligatory workout is coming up. Jumping around to music? No…extended footie playing tomorrow. I hope.

This is a less than stellar blog…but I’m too tired to do anything else. I’ve been playing The Punisher for the last 2 days, and I have to say, it’s sickly funny game. Those who despise blood and gore, keep away…but for those who like a fun time with the ol’ ultraviolence are more than welcome to take a shot at it. Good fun, if you like guns.

As for me, I’m preparing to change the world again. Embrace the bengs, love the lians. It’s black and white and red all over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://louboutinmart.co.uk]christian louboutin outlet[/url] moore speaker are on african dating ! You been intranet conferences to the watch tv online , A The us ip law updates, of Of foods that give energy always his ciao top 10 films 2008 all into dog training career. [url=http://dkgoose.com]Canada Goose jakke[/url] Xfbggpaci [url=http://csrhelix.com]canada goose jacka[/url]
qfomnr 770008 [url=http://www.chilliwackbombersoutlet.com]canada goose expedition parka women[/url] 391151 [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkas.ca]canada goose jackets price[/url]

12:24 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home