Sunday, February 06, 2005

A Family Tai, Part 1.


I don’t really know my first cousin…he’s not really my cousin at all. He was adopted by my eldest uncle, and brought up like a son should be. Then, in March ’83, my second cousin was born, and then I was born in August that same year. Things sort of changed after that. The first cousin was then shipped off and sent to my aunt’s (my uncle’s wife’s) family in Johor, only to come back occasionally. Now, he’s still there, working…I guess. I really don’t know. Sometimes I think that my biological cousin remembers that he has a “brother” out there.

My father said that my biological cousin was a miracle to my uncle and his wife, which is why they decided to dump the adopted son. Everyone else knows about this, but I wonder if my bloodlined cousin knows? And if he doesn’t know, how would he react if he found out? Now, it’s not my place to judge and all, but isn’t it lacking of dignity to do that to the “firstborn”? Isn’t it wrong? Why get rid of him? What would it prove?

I hope that I get to see him during Chinese New Year. That would be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home