Monday, February 21, 2005

I’m Back.

It’s a Monday, a new week, a new semester, a[nother] fresh start, and I’m back after a week offline. Let’s say that leaving your modem on during a storm shouldn’t be attempted. No matter how many free modems your ISP gives you. Anyway, now that we’ve cleared that, I’d like to say that everything is peachy. I can confirm that if I pass all my subjects, I’ve got two more semesters left in HELP. Two semesters: six subjects, excluding Accounting 2. That’s a bitch.

HELP Idol starts on Wednesday, with me participating. I’ll be doing a song that the Bee Gees wrote, spawning countless cover versions, with the penultimate cover version being that done by a more than apt British boyband which just so happened to spawn the demon that is Robbie Williams. Hopefully, I’ll get to do a Robbie song if I make to the semis, but let’s face it…nobody’s really that interested in hearing a fat Chinese boy sing.

The Ball, which has gone through a few changes, is now known as (The) Red Carpet. This is better, coz the previous incarnation of it was Phoenix. Very Chinky, despite it being based on the Egyptian/Babylonia version of the Phoenix…sometimes, you can’t escape Chinkdom. I’m proud of being Chinese, but not to the extent of fully immersing myself into a culture and discrediting the culture that I was brought up in.

But you already knew that, didn’t you?

So what goes on from here? Studying. My subjects for this semester are Project Management, Advanced Business Statistics and Relationship Marketing, the latter two which I’m repeating…again. It gets tiresome, and I’m sick of seeing Mr. Chew Eng Khuan for the umpteenth time. The same goes for Dr. Bencigar Arachi. I love them, they’re great, but…enough is enough. Which is why…I have to get through this semester. I just do. I don’t want to be in HELP all my life. I’m not Van Wilder. The parties here are tame. And I don’t like wild parties, anyway.

Don’t tell anyone that…can you keep a secret?

So here I am, just happy to be online again. Downloading what has got to be the greatest American phenomenon to hit television in a while: American Idol. Despite it being on the air for the last 4 years, you have to admit…it’s reality television with taste. Which is a lot more than I can say for some of our local fare. Don’t accuse me of being unpatriotic.

How many of us can admit to watching any local shows? With the exception of Spanar Jaya, which I loved for some strange reason [oh, Deanna Yusoff is a goddess…I don’t care what they say…and Wardina was heavenly before she decided that a tudung was the way to go…not that I’m trying to offend any Muslims who might possibly be reading this, out of the blue…you random readers, you]. Let’s not forget Kopitiam, and Being/Staying Together [that show that was sponsored solely by Sony]. Maybe they were over the top and somewhat bland, but they weren’t that bad.

Admit it.

Mmph. I’m back. This blows.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home