Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Seremban Run.


The Plot
Keong is my friend from GiS. He’s been in Sydney for the last few years, and he’s just come back recently because he's got nothing else better to do before he graduates. The arse. I met up with him and we hung out for the whole evening. Matt is one of my regular mamak mates, also from GiS. Earlier tonight, Keong, Matt, Jun (another GiSian) and I met at Jelutong. Keong’s staying in Seremban for the moment, before going back to Australia on Sunday. After supper, I had to send him home. Matt came along, and it was a road trip. Along the well-lit highways, but a sort of road trip all the same.

The Lesson
a) Driving at over 110 km/h in my trusty old Proton can be a totally invigorating experience. The car shakes heavily, and as a result, the seats shake heavily. Can anyone say ‘massage chairs’?

b) Leaving Damansara Jaya and heading to the NKVE to get to Seremban is not a good idea. It costs more, and it takes much longer. Whenever possible, take the Seremban highway straight off the Federal Highway. It costs RM 3 less, and it slashes your traveling time significantly.

c) Always bring toilet paper in your car wherever you go. More on that later.

The Bends
Once I reached Seremban, trouble spewed. My lunch at Hartz had caught up with my bowels. As I reached Keong’s uncle’s house, I made a decision: instead of going into his uncle’s house to take a dump, and instead of taking a dump at a secluded construction site right outside (creepy as hell, it was), I decided to brave it on…on the journey home. And, of course, I felt better. Until I realized that I had to stop at a gas station to fill up on air for the tyres. I stopped at a Petronas along the highway, and went into the dunny. To my chagrin, there was no toilet paper. So I cleaned myself with a hose. Sounds gross, no? This is where the toilet paper would’ve been handy. Never take it for granted that kiosks will always have tissues on standby.

The Journey Back
It took less time, as I remember the car shaking for a much shorter amount of time. And again, it’s much cheaper. I was looking out for speed traps, but I gave up. An average of about 120 km/h on the way back. Very invigorating. I’m just scared that the suspension didn’t hold up all that well.

Memories
Kancils overtaking us. On the stretch from Shah Alam to USJ [or further], a Kancil packed with 5 guys zoomed by. Very embarrassing. And there’re a lot of Wajas out there that’re quite the sprinters. Also, the new Honda Odyssey looks very cool at night. Especially when it comes charging at you with the objective of knocking you out of the way. The highway is a totally different jungle at night.

Regrets
Not being able to stay in Seremban longer. Keong couldn’t go back out, and with my stomach on fire, it wouldn’t have been such a hot idea, anyway. We were supposed to take a drink in and survey the situation in Seremban regarding the reputation of its many attractive [or lack of] girls. Next time, I suppose.

I suppose it was better than my first attempt to Seremban with Justin and Rishen. Though attempt #1 was a lot more memorable.

Friday nights are just right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home