Sunday, May 29, 2005

Free Katie!




This is not the picture of a happy couple…or at least, it’s not an utterly convincing portrait of relational bliss. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes make strange bedfellows, probably because he’s significantly older than she is (does he count as a pedophile?), and because…well…it’s Katie Holmes. All-American girl, sweet, just like the girl we’d wish was next door all the time.

Before I say anything more, I’d just like to say that I am a Tom Cruise fan. Not to the point of building a shrine, but I think he’s really cool (or at least his movies are really cool), and I wish I had a lightsaber smile like he did…lord knows that it could do wonders for me. But this past year has been a bit strange. First, we had a fully grown man wearing braces, which isn’t that bad, if you take him for his word that he was proving to the world that nobody’s too old for orthodontic cosmetic changes. Secondly, the whole Scientology thing has been annoying me, and he recently hit the nail on the head by discounting psychiatry as rubbish. And lastly, his latest appearance on Oprah; bizarre. He was doing the whole Magnolia thing, and come on…even if I was in love, and I mean really in love, I doubt that I’d need to stomp on a sofa repeatedly to make the point.

It did make the female audience go wild, though. He is Tom Cruise, after all.

Which leads me to this. Katie Holmes might be the very unwilling participant in a publicists’ spawned relationship. It might just be there for both their movies to pull in the big ones during the summer moviegoing season. This is a site that I bumped into, but it’s all good fun. Though they might be serious about it. Visit Free Katie at
http://mclaughlincameron.com/freekatie.html.

She’s a very, very sweet girl. Don’t let her suffer like this. Lord, she and Chris Klein looked so good together, eh? Pity it had to go from that to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home