Monday, July 04, 2005

Studs bearing gifts and good tidings are never appreciated.


It never fails to surprise me how incredibly timid the Business students have become. When I waltz into a full class asking who wants free food, I’d at least expect some hands to be raised. When I go into a class and everyone groans, I know your murmurs are those of irritation. So do me a favour, and just take the vouchers. Yes, I know that it’s dodgy…I mean, I do find having to bring three people with you in order to eat for free a bit dumb, but take four vouchers from me and just take turns getting free food on different days. It’s not like the hours are that bad.

Hossine (he’s the only Algerian student in Business at the moment) was telling me that he found it quite sad that the Malaysian students weren’t that stoked. Actually, the Malaysian Business students. He commented on how the ADPians are having a fine time, and how the A-Levellers and the HMCers are having fun. Of course, he subsequently declined a voucher, but at least he was honest. But seriously, it’s chicken rice…most importantly, it’s free. Who cares if the portions aren’t that big?

Doesn’t "free" mean anything to people anymore?

I’ve already been doing this for a week. Thank God for Ms. Priya and her FLAW classes. Those are some classy people. Okay, not to say that Business students aren’t classy; I’m sure that they are. But sometimes it feels like it’s a wasted effort. Although I won’t forfeit so easily. It’s not like I’m trying to make a second ADP department or whatnot…I just want some people to get off their feet.

Oh, the humility of it all. At least some of them took pity on me. Though I’d like it if it was a genuine desire to eat at the Rice Bowl.

Kill the gift horse, will you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home