Tuesday, August 16, 2005

(Don't Tell Her) I Still Think It'd Work.


Previously, on the Ian Tai show:
I first met Nicole a few days after last semester’s orientation. About three months ago, she saw me and said a few words. Amazingly, from those few words, I thought that she’d be cool to be with. I kept on bumping into her and worked up the courage to ask her out. Funnily enough, she agreed (mostly because she would’ve felt really bad since I was being so insistent about it), and we went out for a cuppa. After a few lunch meets and whatnot, I somehow convinced her to go out with me, this time on a much longer “date”. Then we had even more dates. We got close. One thing led to another, and I’m sure that we were bound to be heading somewhere.

But not to a crashing halt.



I suppose that not bugging her because she was having a busy week was the right thing to do. And it was. At the same time, she had time to get a good deal of thinking done about things and decided that it wouldn’t work out…that she couldn’t give her all into a relationship. It wouldn’t fit.

It’s just that she didn’t tell me this. ‘Til today.

I can’t do anything about this except put my hands in my pocket, shuffle my feet around, look downwards and walk away, right? That’s the bitch of it all. Feeling for someone and not having it work out.

At least I tried for once, yea? So why do I feel so shitty?

No matter.


Life goes on. Or it leaves you behind. You choose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home