Sunday, June 25, 2006

(redux) the plot thickens.

mayorial ambitions for petaling jaya aside, i really do like staying in seputeh. it's proven to be a haven of sorts. if i have to make a transition between seputeh and staying in cheras indefinitely, i'd die. i really would. there're so many things to do here, and i've built up relationships with my friends here over donkey ages...it'd be a shame to see it all go. granted, they're probably all going to leave (i suppose i'll never have a ryan-marissa with rachel) and grow up and move away, but this place is home. my mother's place in cheras is boring, to say the least. all i did for the day was watch television and sleep every 2 hours or so. if not the bed, then her couch, which isn't as comfortable as the one in my room here. on the bright side, the maluri lrt station is just five minutes away by foot. and there're a lot of chinese tai chows around the corner. but still; i don't know anyone there, and there's no place to kick a football in. and if i attempted to jog, people would stare. almost everyone jogs in seputeh.

maybe it's an intracity culture clash of sorts, but i'm not moving there. hell, no.

why the sudden mention of this?

my mother reckons my father is going to bail on kuala lumpur...permanently. she's not the only one who's anticipating the move; my uncles feel that it's inevitable between my father instigates the beginning of the end and splits the Tais apart. (on a bizarre note, splitting thighs apart sounds sickly kinky, no?) at the same time, there're been reported sightings (on my mother's side) of the Lotus. yes, the Lotus was claimed to be in kuala lumpur, visiting my father's friends in bangsar, with my father in tow. how the Lotus got into kuala lumpur without my knowing, i can thank my father for...the man is an international man of mystery. he's one step short of a spy. and he keeps his linens clean, and never hangs them to dry (this is a figure of speech, my friends).

anyway, assuming my father's plan is to sell the house and elope with the Lotus, i'll have nowhere to go...aside from cheras. my mother thinks that it's futile to fight my father on this.

my father had already returned when i parked my mom's car. he's been back since yesterday, presumably...he knew that i hadn't returned home. when we were alone, i asked him if he was going to sell the house and he assured me that he wasn't...in a way, he gave me the impression that it was something my uncle had come up with by himself. then again, i should know better than to not trust/trust my father. confusing, isn't it? your parents are supposed to be the most open people towards you. yet you've got to question everything they say and do. everything you know might be wrong. or at least that's how it looks like for me.

i think i've got to ask the question about the selling of the house everyday, at least once. it's the only way to make my father realize that i'm genuinely concerned about it. i mean, everyone holds the opinion that daddy's about to pull off a michael caine (in relation to mike myers). and if he's selling the house because of the Lotus, then i can safely say that it isn't worth it. if i was more hedonistic, i'd probably wish my father would settle for a younger, nubile, flexier lass whom we could share. but that'd be plain wrong.

by the way, lynn, i hope you're reading this. you've invaded my dreams at least twice in the last four nights and it's becoming a bit...i can't find a word for this ("troubling" doesn't exactly come to mind). i still think that you should dump your quasiboyfriend and be with me, regardless of his new car. i might not be financially stable but i live next door and i can give you instant gratification that you wouldn't need a ride out for. thinking about it makes me want to ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. just kidding. or am i?

it's just disconcerting. yes, lynn's another great thing about seputeh, even though she's in fricking melbourne. but not to worry: there's also the all-new, uber-elusive girl in pink. she was passing by us the other day while we were knocking the ball around the road. she's not exactly hot. and she's taken. but it's good to know more people. i should muster up the courage to say hello. kah wee's initial (and only) line towards her was: "Have you seen my keys?" i had to drive him all the way back up to the field to get him to that point. at least he's made some sort of progress. a minimum amount, no less. from now on, the girl in pink will be known as "GIP". please note that most of these girls are signifcantly younger than i am. yet, this doesn't constitute as pedophilia in any way. stop snickering. especially you. the two Js.

tomorrow starts crunch week. the ball is on friday and now we've reached the real point of no return. everything has got to be done. i can't wait for the week to be over. once the ball is done, i can stretch my legs, and finish reading all the issues of ultimate spider-man thus far. i can then finish off crime and punishment, like i planned to a year ago. and hopefully, i can also play more ffx...i've been neglecting it in favour of fifa. may ann might be coming back next week, so that's something else to look forward to. if you can't run to oz, bring oz to you. an old klingon proverb, i hear.

i wish i could have one more day of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home