Friday, March 30, 2007

I feel like I've got all the right friends sometimes.

I've just received a call from a friend that HELP has invited me for their 21st Anniversary gala ball. And, to add a cherry on top, I can bring along a partner. In a situation like this, I would've automatically brought Lynn, who'd work wonders for my image (and my hormones) if I'd brought her for an event like this...however, she's currently in Australia, studying to save the fishes. Funnily enough, I think I've gotten invited thanks to my cousin working at HELP, who, coincidentally, is also named Lynn. However, I can't snog her, because it'd be incestuous, and also because she's rather loud. The latter Lynn, I mean. I'm not sure about the former Lynn.

Are you loud, Lynn? (If I told you that you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me? I'd very much like that, thank you.)

The irony is, I've now got to sell the ticket that I bought. For the very same ball. It's worth RM 130, and there's a free-flow of wine. And good food. And it's at the Shangri-La. And the performances are spot on.

This goes out to any friends I have in HELP. The problem is, it's only one ticket, and it wouldn't be fair to sell you the 2 that I'm entitled to. Even though I would very much like that.

Any takers? Please contact me asap. I'm not lowering the price, btw. Or giving away my bought ticket for free. It was RM 130 of hard-earned dosh.

Now I've got leverage to go up to any pretty girl I see.

'Fancy a shine and a shag at the Shang? I've got an invite. With your name on it'.

On a sad note, this would be the first assignment that I wanted to hand up on time which I couldn't. The tardy Relationship Marketing assignment from last year doesn't count because I simply didn't have faith in the course. New Product Management kicks serious ass. But I've got a funny way of showing it.

I really do pray that I won't get penalized. It's the Straight Man in me fussing over it. But of course, if I do add some ooomph to my assignment over the course of the next three days, I'd be quite happy with myself.

Two new songs on Sunday (which were already completed before this assignment fiasco, for those of you concerned enough over my priorities...thank you, though).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home