Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Did you happen to see the mare out there?

Stable relationships are for horses.

If so, then I'm a stallion. I've usually pictured myself as a mule, which could be another way of saying that I'm a really big ass. But, these days, I feel like a stallion. If not a stallion, then maybe a mustang, synomonous with the muscle car that bares its name.

Some of us would rather be an ass. An ass doesn't move much, and lazes around, languishing in the hot sun. An ass needs to have a carrot perpetually hung in front of it to keep it going. Endlessly crawling to a destination it will never reach.

Some of us would rather be a thoroughbred. Running on empty, but running nonetheless. Victory is never apparent, but the sweet taste of suceess, even a tinge of it, is the fire that burns on through. However, the fire that burns twice as bright, burns out twice as fast.

I can't decide.




But I bet that some of us would love to be hung like a horse.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home