Saturday, April 28, 2007

Okay. I don't know why I'm saying this, but I guess this is for whoever's reading this because I want to share.

My father was admitted into the University Hospital a couple of hours ago; he started feeling a pain in his chest, and had difficulty breathing and started sweating profusely. We took him to our family doctor, and he suggested sending my dad to the hospital straight away.

The doctor on call told us he had a heart attack, with a blockage to his heart. The only reason why he wasn't feeling any pain was due to his diabetes; otherwise he would've been in agony. I don't know. He might've been in pain but decided to spare everyone the hassle. My father is like that.

I've never been so scared in my life. He should be alright. They're giving him medication now; he's wired to equipment. It looks proper and high-tech. I don't know. He'll be transferred from the Emergency unit to the Coronary in an hour or so, and my uncle, aunt and I will be there to see him. But honestly, I've never been so fucking scared in my life and it hurts.

It might sound like a Hallmark soundbite, but life is precious. I love my father and I'll definitely have the chance to tell him that within his lifetime.

I don't know what I'm trying to say and there's probably no point in all this.

My father is a tough fucker and I am not. I can't put on a straight face for him to know that I'm alright. And it's just terrifying because I've never felt this way before and I'm terrified. I'm sure everyone's felt scared of losing someone before. And now I know how it feels.

This doesn't change my perspective on life much. I know that life is never as rosy as we'd want it. But I feel so rotten and I wish that feeling would go away.

All I can do now is to thank you for hearing me out. I don't know who to pray to, but I'm pretty sure I'll be heard out. I don't believe in miracles as much as I do in karma, and I know that my father has given so much that he'd never be shortchanged.

Everyone knows that life is unfair. I feel cheated, and I don't understand why my father would have to suffer for this. He's not a saint but he's done more than enough good. As the adage goes, I'll probably understand as time goes by.

I just want to ask you to root for my father. For me. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home