Friday, April 27, 2007

And Solitaire's the only game in town.

Life can bite you like a bad choice of cards in Solitaire. We've all gone through it before; an instance where they're two face cards that can be used. One card will eventually spell success a number of moves later, while the other card will unleash a pile that's totally useless, which leads to disaster. You might think that the variables found in a game of Solitaire are different from what we have in reality; in the game, it's all controllable within a certain degree, while in life, we're faced with perpetually stacked and accumulating odds that lead to things spiralling out of control.

Most people would agree in the context of that analogy, but we'll always repeat the cycle if we never nip the problem in the bud. I don't really like that phrase --- 'nip in the bud'. But it gets the message across. I suppose that if you make preparations, you can overcome whatever obstacles are thrown at you...because unlike a game of Solitaire, we have the luxury of making contingencies. It really depends on how willing or determined you are to do such a thing.

Looking at my current predicament (the whole super-rushed/late assignment drama brought about by procrastination), it's obvious that my repeated failure to score decently in life, as opposed to Solitaire, has been my own undoing. What's mystifying is my determination to do something about it, only to let my efforts run out of muster and sputter out in the end. I'm my biggest enigma.

But as long as everyone automatically assumes that I'm some sort of diligent, work-ethic enthused genius wunderkind, I can safely say it's fun to keep up appearances, even though in this particular case, it's all deceiving.

So, I apologise to David Bowie...because I can't trace time and time hasn't changed me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home