Wednesday, April 18, 2007

You gotta fight for your right.

I visited the post office today to register myself as a voter. It didn't cost anything, and all they needed was to take a look at my IC and my signature. I could preach about how it's a privilege to vote and how we should all carry out our civic duties, but if I really was that holier-than-thou I would've registered much, much earlier. I've got a long way to go before I can wave the conformity stick on anybody.

But, as idealistic and as naive as it may sound, it's good to cast your ballot, regardless of whoever you're voting for; who you vote for is not as important as taking the effort to vote. It's a good thing to use this chance that we've all been given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home