Monday, December 27, 2004

Unwrapped and Opened.


Christmas has come and gone without much aplomb, but a bigger splash was made as compared to Merdeka Day. In all honesty, I think people were anticipating Christmas more than our own Independence Day. Christmas is all about goodwill; don’t bother noticing that it’s also the most hyped-up and marketed holiday of the year. But that makes it special because it’s the last holiday of the year [unless you count New Year’s Eve as an event itself, which many certainly do]. So, where do we go from here? Are the Christmas decorations still up at our beloved malls? Are the discount sales still running? From ‘X-mas Bonanza’ to ‘Year-end Jualan Hebat* (*Grand/Mega Sale)’? This is life. In KL, anyway.

And my life over the last few days has been quite comforting. Since completing the assignment, I’ve been trying my best to catch up on my X-Men reading [I’ve still got over 30 years of content to complete], and I managed to download a [more or less] complete Wolverine collection. I love broadband. But it’s really an example of having no time for too many things. If I could achieve the full homestay, bum routine, I’d be more than happy to do what I’m doing. But, lo and behold, I’m a person with responsibilities. Or so I’m reminded. I just want to sit down and listen to my Winamp playlist [which is getting more and more eclectic, to my pride], and read and munch on snacks. That’s the life. Pure enhanced monotony.

The days. The days. Christmas Eve was fulfilling. May and I went X-mas shopping for her young cousin. Toys ‘r Us is fun. I don’t care how they put it; we all want to be Toys ‘r Us Kids. I haven’t really spent X-mas Eve with someone in a while. And I’m not talking about spending it in that way. Anyway, for X-mas, I got a X-Men Uno set. Which is rather nifty, since I can’t find my original set.

Right now, I’m listening to Bob Dylan wheeling away on a harmonica, mulling over whether I should go to Singapore tomorrow with Justin in what I’ve titled “Race Against Time ‘04”. Which is rather fucking stupid, since there never was a Race Against Time ’03. The bet is this: send Justin’s aunt to KL Sentral so that she can take the ERL to the KLIA for her flight to Singapore, while Justin and I drive to Singapore to race the plane. Yes, it’s crazy. Hope that it works out. I haven’t been to Singapore since…well, since leaving Singapore the last time round. Yes.

And the boys are back in town. Ramon, Jun, Matt, Ben and I have met up. All we need is Sean to get back into the fold, and then we’ve got it covered. Maybe the annual Chili’s meet is to be expected; more gay jokes at Sean’s expense. It just can’t be helped…but at least it’s always understood. It sounds corny, but it’s good to know that you’ve got a group of friends from back in the day. One thing about moving around is the fact that you leave people behind…it’s not like we had Friendster when I was 5. At least I’ve got what’s left of a social life here.

Mmm. Christmas is over, 2005 is around the block, but all I want to do is just sit down and think about days gone by, and where all this is going to take me.

Expect the unexpected again.

1 Comments:

Blogger RahX said...

Some dylan sounds good right about now.

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home