Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Birthday, America!


I considered myself an American a lifetime ago. Then things changed. But sometimes, I have these cravings to renounce my Malaysian nationality (not that there's that much wrong with Malaysia, eh?) and just flee to New York, penniless, searching for work amongst the Chinese eateries there as a dishwasher. While moonlighting as a simple dishwasher, I'd make my way to the coffee bars, hit the Village and ask if I could perform my sweet, sweet music to the (coffee-going) masses, where I'd do my thing on a nightly basis. Then I'd get featured on Spin as The Next Big Thing, and be some kind of pop troubadour, and by doing this, keep myself relevant by constantly updating the patented sound that I would already have established.

The American Dream. As seen by me. Though if I had a choice, I wouldn't really want to go there penniless.

Happy Independence Day, everybody. Your President's still a monkey in my book. Vote the Democrats in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home