Thursday, December 07, 2006

Drive.

There's a thin line between perserverence and obsession that I'm scared of crossing. A certain portion of my personality ignores the reality of a situation, and instead projects the best-case scenario, and as a result, I receive an extra dosage of motivation that usually leads to a bout of overachievement that was previously unseen, which may lead to an encounter with crushing humiliation which I would then tend to manage through expressing myself through composing morose songs and extended sleeping hours to neuter my consciousness.

With all this happening, I don't usually take a deep breath and ask myself what I'm trying to prove; I'm fully convinced that it's worth the effort. It usually is. That's the beauty of it.

I don't believe in lost causes. If you were stuck in a jungle for 2 days and had to take a crap, you'd probably have no qualms over using a banana leaf to wipe your ass. Likewise (forgive the previous irrelevant analogy), I believe in exploring every avenue to its nth because the nth is where we should always push ourselves to in numbing situations.

It might be nigh impractical, practically improbable and probably impossible, but (to paraphrase the Beach Boys), wouldn't it be nice?

I live for the promise. Simply because it shows that things aren't as meaningless as we make them out to be. It might be running a fool's errand, but it's always good to know that I'd be doing it the way I'd want to. Because I'd only be lying to myself by not being enticed by it.

The promise of it all. A teaser into the shape of things to come.

It sounds good. It looks good. It feels good.

If you want to fall, fall hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home