Saturday, January 13, 2007

Fleeing doesn't always amount to failing.

I'm not a brave person. I have a fear of heights, and I'd probably try my best to escape from a physical confrontation.

Unless the other party was smaller than me (I'd at least try to hold my own if that occured).

We're often given two choices in life: to run away or to hold our own. We're given the parade if we hold it out and win, and we're despised if all we can think about is our own well-being. I suppose that it's the price you pay for what you'd done to reach that point.

Granted, situations like these are context-sensitive; the opinion generated would depend largely upon the brevity of the situation.

The bigger part of me feels tired to live up to expectations simply because I want to stop trying to live up to them. I don't want to be patronized. I don't want to be encouraged. I just want to be left alone. But obviously, the logic circuit trips in and I realize that success can't be attained without living up to, or (as is the usual case) exceeding expectations.

Troubling, isn't it? I'm rather happy with most aspects of my life. I can safely say that I've provided myself with a viable escape plan, and a means of continuing the lineage. I'm this close to financial semi-independence. And my father even likes me, for a change. Things are shaping up.

I can't stay 16 forever, let alone 23.

It's just that I can't resist the temptation of just packing it all up away and just leaving it the way it is...the way I always leave things: unfinished.

All packed up with nowhere to go to.

Typical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home