Sunday, January 28, 2007

Luck o' the Tairish.

I strode onto the field today, the wind gusting, the birds chirping, the sun in the sky shining down and setting upon the horizon. It was a breezy, calming dusk; one of those Sundays where nothing seems to be set in stone. I don't particularly like Sundays because they remind me of the fast-approaching Monday, but I'll grant today as an exception. The only thing missing from today was a deck chair, a can of shandy and a self-serviced car wash...and maybe a barbecue.

Getting an exciting life in the suburbs of Kuala Lumpur requires a bit of work. Since I don't have many concerns regarding my fitness, I can't be bothered to trudge to 1 Utama for rock-climbing. I don't really want to go outstation for too long because I'd rather sleep in the car than drive. And when it comes down to it, the one thing that you can do which is somewhat cost-efficient, which borders on being a highlight of a weekend is going to the mall. Where everybody else just seems to be at the same time.

If I had the resources, I'd have a weekly barbecue-cum-PS2 fest which involved small quantities of alcohol, lots of blokes, loud banter, sausages, music and performances. I'd throw a weekly gig...if my house was big enough (and if I found it within myself to make more friends). The only girls that I'd invite would be the interesting ones and pretty ones, because I'd want my Sunday to be refreshing. The standards for the men wouldn't apply; blokes are blokes.

The party would start around brunch and end at sunset, whereby the camaraderie would be gone but never forgotten, only to be carried over to the next week. A fellowship of revelling would be established, and after a period of time, it'd end up being one of those classy shindigs that we always see on MTV. I'm not thinking about Spring Break, but maybe a toned-down version of Seven Days in Sunny June. Unless my home's a palatial estate...then we're going all the (Jay Kay) way.

If you like it, you do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home