Friday, August 01, 2008

Steam (or the lack of it).

I'm not the most eager beaver out there, but I can be quite determined when my mind is set upon reaching a target. Though, in all honesty, most of my targets are immediate and non-consequential.

But shouldn't all targets be like that?

However, once in a while, I like to indulge myself by investing into a long-term idea that, by right, should come into fruition. Should is such a dirty word, if only because its the ultimate disclaimer against possibilities.

Most of these solidly consequential targets have some element of planning to them (a big rarity for me), and in doing so, there's some sort of skewered pride in getting the job done...if only because I own the stupid idea.

Of course, there's always the risk of the tribal council speaking, and, as a result, extinguishing my torch. It's been done on more than one occasion over the course of this week, but I'll still be pulling my pants up (because, lo and behold, I've lost weight!).

I'm starting to believe in my own hype. All that's left now is to start living up to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home