Friday, April 01, 2005

How Peculiar.


I have the best girlfriend in the world. Despite the fact that I’m a less than understanding cad who prides himself on being a chauvinist with a heart of gold within, she sees through all that and manages to touch me where it pulsates the most: my mind (or what’s left of it, looking at the way that things are going right now). May sent an SMS message a few days back, stating that she was fine in Brisbane and had gotten me some “stuff”. I do hope it’s good. I mean, it’s like, Australia…how right could it be? I hope it’s expensive. I hope it’s unique. I hope that it makes me go wild.

But I haven’t forgotten that eternal adage: it’s the thought that counts.

And I, on the other hand, do not think. Sod me.

I’ve discovered that Tom Yam flavoured instant noodles are an industry to themselves. At least that’s what the brains behind Thailand’s Wai Wai instant noodles would like you to think. They have a normal Tom Yam package, a chili paste Tom Yam package and a shrimp flavoured Tom Yam package. Exquisite. I took the chili paste pack. 5 packs for RM 2.90. That’s the same going rate for a 5-pack of Maggi Tom Yam noodles.

But that’s not all. The Wai Wai noodles have one truly redeeming quality about them: they have girls on the packaging. The chili paste packaging (what I have) has a cute Thai girl with a protruding tongue on it. Oh, the innuendo. The shrimp flavoured (or standard whatnot) has not one, but two girls on the cover. And the remaining contender has a cheap CG’d cybergirl on it.

Not my style. But c’mon, RM 2.90, fresh from Thailand, with girls on the packaging. You’ve got to admit, you can’t go wrong there.

The weekend is coming. It’s 3 on a Friday morning and I’m about to sleep. The weekend is coming. With work.


Fucking brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home