Saturday, March 26, 2005

Square, Square, Triangle, Square.


I hate Tekken. I’ve had a minimum amount of time on it. I’ve always belonged more to the classic Capcom clan (those who rave about Marvel vs. Capcom have no idea whatsoever). There’re only two degrees of attacks (just like MK, but at least classic MK was fun). I thought that Tekken would be more like X-Men: Next Dimension (which, despite what they say, is a fantastic game). I hate Tekken. The whole timing issue is irrelevant. It’s got more to do with reflex and combos. Yes, I know that combos are a norm now, but I come from a school of gaming where combos were basic, crude and…come to think of it…slightly unthinkable. Yes, I hate Tekken. I hate it to a point where I had to play it for a whole night and not grow bored of it. Funnily enough, button mashing felt good. It could’ve been a good form of stress relief. Or I just could’ve had fun with it. Or it could’ve been the gorgeous graphics. I’m not sure what it was. It’s not exactly Saturday yet…well, it’s 7 in the morning on Saturday, but it hasn’t exactly happened yet…but today [or at least the better part of the morning] is going to be spent button mashing and eating. I still hate Tekken, though. I’m playing it on Easy mode because I’m truly a Beginner.

It’s been a strange week. I’ve barely gone for my classes, but I’ve been staying in at college nonetheless. Work issues aside, I’m honestly getting sick of it. Waking up involves deliberating over what time I should arrive at college…or whether I should really wake up at all. The answer would definitely be in the positive, but…lord…I’m going to die. Preparations for the ball are getting better, but I think that some of us are going a little overboard on the concept of what this ball is, and what it could mean. I’m sick of hearing that it’s something that prepares us for the working life, even though it is. I don’t know how formal it’s supposed to be, and I can’t really be bothered. I’d rather it be an avant-garde kind of event so that people would be more comfortable. If there’re people going in with suits and gowns, excellent. If there’re not, then we’re stuck in the same fucking boat…again.

Would it be deemed a failure? No. Sold-out tables. But the chinks still not getting the point?

Yes. A failure. But I’m not here to change mindsets. Not anymore.

The weekend is going to be a bit of a mess. I don’t know if I should go to the HELP Idol (yes, it still makes me snicker) “celebration party”. I’d really sooner go and try beating Devil May Cry 3 (I attempted finishing off the second level boss too many times that Easy mode became available…the ultimate insult…this is the U.S. version, by the way), but my non-appearance may not actually be the best idea. I don’t understand why they need to have the party at John’s place as opposed to something like a proper restaurant. Shit, I would even have suggested to go to Hartz.

Now there’s an idea.

John’s handling of Sales and Promotion for the ball has ruffled feathers. More than the miniscule few. I don’t really know how to penalize him, or how to at least caution him because he doesn’t listen. It would be nice if he would at least hear us out once in a while. Some say that it’s because his ego is as large in quantity as his testosterone is. Others say that it’s because he was probably trained this way. I suppose that he’s got a bit of a playboy spirit…maybe a little more than others. But it doesn’t justify the fact of looking down on others as “low-class” or anything to that extent. I mean, shit, I’m a pompous ass at times, but I try my best not to look down on anyone. I expect a great worth out of people (so that if they fall below my expectations I’ll feel better about myself…life is sad). But going around the classes and acting like a top dog isn’t going to get you respect or accolades. Being personable does. And for all the “charisma” that he has, John doesn’t get it. And I can’t be bothered to tell him.

I suppose that it’s my fault. I hope that it works out. We’ve had to do a lot of damage control because of him. Absolutely fabulous, how this has all turned out.

God Bless the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home