Monday, March 14, 2005

Depressive Monday Blues.


Within an hour or two, I’ll be sleeping. I’ll most probably wake up at 8 o’clock, whereby I’ll brush my teeth, take a shower, and have breakfast at the roadside Indian stall. I’ll also probably take my time in not going to my Relationship Marketing tutorial [Mr. Chew loves to pick on the repeating students], and be happy with my three hour Project Management class [one of the few classes that have been fun during these last few semesters]. At the same time, I’ll be running around during my free time, trying to hawk people some HELP Idol tickets, as well as try to convince some Diploma students about my sincerity in saying that my ball is going to be a blast.

Which, of course, it’s going to be…granted that we don’t screw up too soon.

The weekend came and went without much fanfare. Saturday was utterly quiet and strangely smooth, even though we went down to the Shangri-La to check on the facilities and try to get a better feel of the surroundings. After that, my half of the contingent went to the McD’s drive-in at Bandar Utama and indulged in junk food. Well, I indulged in junk food…here’s my scorecard:

  1. 1 Chicken McDeluxe [which I still consider to be a godsend after 2 years]
  2. 1 set of large fries & 1 set of medium fries [I ate Mary-Ann's portion]
  3. 6 McNuggets [Melissa gave me 2 pieces and a 4-pack]
  4. 1 1/4 large-sized cups of coke [I took the balance of Melissa and Mary-Ann's portions]
  5. 1 Apple Pie [it's like Heaven in a cardboard box]

I was sort of interested in trying out the new Chicken Foldover, which I’ll probably do tomorrow. Despite Mary-Ann’s insistence that it was large [well, it does look substantial], I doubt that it’s filling. On a side note, Apple Pies are becoming a staple to my McDonald’s meals. Like I said, they’re pieces of Heaven in a cardboard box [apparently recycled].

Sunday. It’s hard to believe that it’s a Monday morning when Sunday died about an hour ago. Sunday was Sunday…quiet, slow-burning and peaceful. I went to my mother’s, where we argued at length over the operation of a VCD player and the fact that you’re not supposed to be able to listen to vocals on a karaoke VCD. I had brunch there, and went home quickly with the excuse that the clothes needed drying. Which they did. Surprisingly, I came home and found that their cycle hadn’t finished yet, which was quite worrying.

But what I am to tell you all about the art of washing clothes? At this point, I’d like to thank my incredibly gifted girlfriend for teaching me the art of pulling clothes, so as not to let them me crumpled whilst being dried.

Sunday. Hmph. I just came back from dinner with Justin and Theo. We had dinner at Hartamas Square [after a lot of deliberation]. It all started with Justin’s weekly rant about Sunday being too Sunday. We met at 7-11, and amidst many cigarettes and talk about weight loss and diet plans, saw the close destruction of my car, thanks to an overeager son trying to prove to his father that he could reverse the family Waja properly. I wish I could tell that kid to relax…and that reversing requires you to turn out all the way at the acute angle you entered with, so that you avoid any cars that you would otherwise ram into.

The prick. The nerve of he to screw with me [or at least the car], eh?

The night continued at Theo’s house, because he had to, in his own words, “take a dump”. We watched Astro without making a move, until it came to the bottom line of deciding where to eat. And to Hartamas we went.

I know I’ve just given you a blow-by-blow of my day[s]. But I suppose that weekends are there to give you the luxury to live life at a slower pace than usual. And now we’re onto Monday. I’m not in a terrible hurry to start a new week, but all I can say is that it’s going to come, regardless of whether I want it to or not.

I notice that it’s been almost nigh a week since I last blogged here. I suppose that I can say that I’m not finding it as fulfilling as it once was. Gone are the times where Elvis would be critiqued, and the inner mysteries of life discussed. There’s nothing more worrying than becoming generic.

Next thing you know, I’ll be saying how thankful I am for being in a relationship.

Bummer. There we go.

Spontaneity will return. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home